[GreenYes] Stats of Zero Waste Communities?

Maggie,

No.  The only compilation of ZW Communities is the ZWIA list of communities that have adopted ZW as a goal.  It would be a great service if someone would like to compile stats as you suggest for all those communities. This sounds like a great idea for a grant proposal for someone to provide this service on a regular basis.

BTW, the CIWMB does have data on communities reporting over 70% diversion in CA (see attached), and there are reports of similar diversion success in the Philippines and Italy.

Also, Zero Waste Business success should not be so cavalierly dismissed.  It DOES get across the idea that Zero Waste or darn close is not only possible, but has already been achieved.  Over 2,800 businesses in Japan have adopted Zero Waste as a goal, and 99% of them have achieved Zero to landfill already.  That's hard to argue with.

Gary Liss