[GreenYes] Re: Reusable Cups

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Reusable Cups

I think the key is how to ensure hygienic operation by
avoiding the contact of potentially dirty cups with the
beverage (other than the portion being sold), beverage
dispenser and the employee serving the customer. I think
consumers don't want to eat food that's handled in the same
hand as the money, and for the same reason they don't want to
eat anything that's handled in the same hand as potentially
dirty cups from strangers.

I think the factors are:

1. dispenser design (non-contact, auto stopping and non-splattering)
2. efficiency of the store operation

I think the easiest way to solve this is to serve the drink in
a reusable vessel (which the establishment collects, wash and
reuse) and each customer pours the content to their own vessel.

However, this model would require resource to wash up to twice
as many cups, and probably results in increase in the
spillage of the drinks and other accidents.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
http://silvergrain.org