[GreenYes] Re: Recycle or go to Hell, says Vatican

It¹s real:
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL109602320080310?feedType=RSS&fee
dName=topNews

Stephen Roberts
Managing Director

EnviroMedia Social Marketing
1717 W. 6th Street, Suite 400
Austin, Texas 78703
http://www.enviromedia.com

P 512 476 4368 x304
F 512 476 4392

From: David Jaber <djaber@no.address>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:03:15 -0700
To: Gary Liss <gary@no.address>, GreenYes <GreenYes@no.address>
Subject: [GreenYes] Re: Recycle or go to Hell, says Vatican

Source on this is the Onion, I trust?

On Mar 10, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Gary Liss wrote:

> Apologies for Cross-Postings
>

>>  *Recycle or go to Hell, warns Vatican*
>> By Malcolm Moore in Rome
>> Last Updated: 12:01am GMT March 10, 2008
>>
>> Failing to recycle plastic bags could find you spending eternity in Hell,
>> the
>> Vatican said after drawing up a list of seven deadly sins for our times.
>>
>> The seven, which include polluting the environment, were announced by
>> Monsignor
>> Gianfranco Girotti, a close ally of the Pope and the head of the Apostolic
>> Penitentiary, one of the Roman Curia's main court.
>>
>> The "sins of yesteryear" - sloth, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, wrath and
>> pride -
>> have a "rather individualistic dimension", he told the Osservatore Romano,
>> the
>> official Vatican newspaper.
>>
>> The new seven deadly, or mortal, sins are designed to make worshippers
>> realise
>> that their vices have an effect on others as well.
>>
>> "The sins of today have a social resonance as well as an individual one,"
>> said
>> Mgr Girotti. "In effect, it is more important than ever to pay attention to
>> your
>> sins."
>>
>> According to Roman Catholic doctrine, mortal sins are a "grave violation of
>> God's law" and bring about "eternal death" if unrepented by the act of
>> confession.
>>
>> They are far more serious than venial sins, which impede a soul's progress
>> in
>> the exercise of virtue and moral good.
>>
>> Mgr Girotti said genetic modification, carrying out experiments on humans,
>> polluting the environment, causing social injustice, causing poverty,
>> becoming
>> obscenely wealthy and taking drugs were all mortal sins.
>

> Gary Liss
> 916-652-7850
> Fax: 916-652-0485
> www.garyliss.com <http://www.garyliss.com/>