[GreenYes] FW: CFL takeback model ordinance language

When you reply, please copy Jeffrey @ recycle@no.addresscruz.ca.us

From: hhwie@no.address [mailto:hhwie@no.address] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Smedberg
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:12 PM
To: crra_members@no.address; hhwie@no.address; CPSC_Associates@no.address
Subject: [hhwie] CFL takeback model ordinance language

Has anyone adopted, proposed, or drafted model language for a local
ordinance requiring manufacturer or retailer takeback of fluorescent
lamps? Ordinances covering other materials or drafted in a framework
format would also be useful.

As we plan to implement a local takeback program and anticipate the
costs to local government without EPR mandates, we think local
ordinances will spur the passage of state legislation on this topic.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Smedberg, Recycling Programs Coordinator
County of Santa Cruz Public Works Department
701 Ocean Street, Room 410, Santa Cruz, California 95060
831/454-2373 Fax 831/454-2385 recycle@no.addresscruz.ca.us

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Zone

Connect w/others

who love dogs.

Best of Y! Groups

Check it out

and nominate your

group to be featured.

.

DISCLAIMER:
E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.