[GreenYes] Zero Waste Workshop in Cancun Mexico

Dear Zero Waste Professors.

Through the California Resource Management Technical Institute ( 501c3 ) we have been invited to co-sponsor, provide abstracts and hold a workshop on zero waste at an international event in Cancun Mexico.  The associations we are working with are made up of professional engineers and economists involved in production of products.  We have given zero waste workshops with great interest to  this group in Switzerland and China and now Mexico.  We are asked to get abstracts of no more than 150 words into the organizers by the end of this month.  You get them to me and I will forward them to REWAS.

If you are interested in speaking in the workshop and presenting a paper and you should, please get me your indication of willingness to participate and a couple abstracts of your best thoughts on zero waste upstream and downstream, measurements, standards and programs.  Some of you were with us in Geneva,  Beijing, and/or Davos and will recognize this group of technical experts.

We are getting the team together and working with the Sponsors.  Currently we have no funding for travel, hotel, rooms and registration fees.  If there is enough interest we will look for some kind of fund to assist us.

For now let me know by Friday if you want to attend and what you will say.

Thanks Rick

REWAS 2008:

http://www.tms.org/Meetings/specialty/rewas08/home.html

Technical Program

OCTOBER 12-15, 2008* HILTON CANCUN GOLF & BEACH RESORT * CANCUN, MEXICO

REWAS 2008 will emphasize the new environmental protection aspects of research, development and applications concerned with air, water and soil

Major new technologies will be presented to stimulate interaction among the global scientific and technical communities.

TECHNICAL TOPICS

  • Clean Technology and Re-engineering of Current Processes
  • Resources, Monitoring and Characterization of Waste
  • General Recycling and Solid Waste Processing
  • Aluminum By-product Recovery and Secondary Production
  • Nonferrous Metals
  • Ferrous Metals
  • Precious and Rare Metals
  • Refractory Metals
  • Radioactive Waste
  • Heavy-Metal Containing Waste
  • Composite Materials
  • Automotive Recycling
  • Electronic Waste
  • Case Studies in the Development of Waste Treatment Technologies
  • Waste Conversion and Reutilization
  • Safe Methods for Waste Stabilization and Storage
  • Economic Evaluation of Waste Treatment Strategies
  • Environmental Issues Related to Waste Storage and Recycling
  • Design and Engineering of Waste Treatment Plants
  • Remediation of Contaminated Soil and Industrial Sites
  • Treatment of Liquid and Gaseous Effluents
  • Forums
    • Clean Technology: a Reality or a Dream?
    • Environmental Protection and Re-engineering: a Realistic Goal?
    • Resource Management, The Zero Waste Approach

Ricanthony@no.address
RichardAnthonyAssociates.com
San Diego, California