[GreenYes] COOL 2012 kickoff in San Diego, 4/13

Eric,

Congratulations to GRRN, BioCycle and you on the roll-out of the COOL 2012 campaign!

It's critically important to achieving Zero Waste to get the compostable organics out of landfill.

I also hope that your message will include getting the compostable organics out of incinerators as well.  As you well know, Japan's Zero Waste to landfill goal resulted in over 2,700 businesses in Japan achieving Zero Waste to landfill, but 2/3 of them are still incinerating some portion of their wastes.  Scotland has recently adopted a Zero Waste goal that includes 30% incineration of waste.

We need to assure that as much diligence is put towards getting compostable organics out of incinerators as landfills.  Although it's clearly part of the message outlined in the details of the workshop, it should be elevated to one of the key messages, as part of the title of the campaign, or at least as part of the 4 bullet points that highlight what the campaign is about.

And clearly both efforts are urgently needed to help address climate change.

Again kudos to GRRN, BioCycle and you for your leadership on this!  Let me know if I can help promote this campaign in any way.

Gary