[GreenYes] RE: [ZWIA] Re: LA Zero Waste pans

Hey mate,

Your points are spot on… so … we need to bring it all together into something that creates a simple vision for the masses.  I am currently in discussions about the “slogan” and the “hook” for the new GRRN campaign we’re launching in April called COOL2012…”Compostable Organics Out of Landfill by 2012”.   We have decided that the healthy soils/water/CO2 capture/local food angles are all important… but how to pull it together into a winning soundbite?   We are going to make a major link with global warming and the landfill industry bullshit on gas capture… but that is all very technical.   That is why I have always loved your City to Soil program down there in Australia … and I use in my conversation often with elected leaders.   Recently I’ve been thinking about bringing something like switchgrass into the “circle” since it could be one of the best biofuel alternatives to oil, and, it grows in marginal lands, and… with the application of compost it REALLY produces.   So not only do we lower GHG methane by keeping biodegradables out of the ground, but we also grow biofuels to replace oil … now THAT is a virtuous circle !!!

What do you think?

Eric