[GreenYes] biogenic nature of CO2 from composting

Title: [GreenYes] biogenic nature of CO2 from composting

Neil ~

I believe that the definition of biogenic is based on the IPCC, not the EPA. And, the biogenic emissions are not "ignored".

The studies that I have seen show that the half life of carbon in compost is much shorter than 10 years. I would highly recommend the report Solid Waste Management and Greenhouses Gases. A Life- Cycle Assessment of Emissions and Sinks, found on the Internet with related information at http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/wycd/waste/reports.html.

There is quite a bit on the half life of carbon in soils from compost.

John