[GreenYes] Re: City business recycles Styrofoam

Title: Re: [GreenYes] City business recycles Styrofoam
Can I just ask: is this recycling or reuse? This is great, and certainly others could follow suit, especially maybe the computer industry. But I’m just wondering about the media’s improper use of terminology...or maybe I’ve just missed too many NRC conferences.

In this case, with polystyrenes, I’m sure many GreenListers recall the old days of polystyrene recycling (NPRC??) and how the industry invested all this money in processing and end-markets and as soon as they’d turned it into a non-issue, they packed up and went off into the sunset. I actually thought this article might be the re-emergence of that old technology.

Db
--
David Biddle, Executive Director
<http://www.blueolives.blogspot.com>

215-247-3090 (desk)
215-432-8225 (cell)

<http://www.gpcrc.com>

Read In Business magazine to learn about sustainable
businesses in communities across North America!
Go to: <http://www.jgpress.com/inbusine.htm>