[GreenYes] Re: Environmental awareness

Title: Re: [GreenYes] Environmental awareness
Amy-

Check out this Joel Makower blog entry that I received today:
http://makower.typepad.com/joel_makower/2007/09/whats-behind-th.html He makes reference to the Green Gauge reports. You might want to follow the links in the article.

The book “Breakthrough” by Michael Shellenberger and Ted Nordhaus, the authors of infamous essay “The Death of Environmentalism,” feel the same thing Makower does, i.e., that opinion surveys about environmental awareness are rather specious. There’s a lot of evidence for this and S&N provide some in their book. People say they are concerned about the environment when you ask them, but at the same time more generally when asked what the top 10 issues are that concern them, most folks don’t even put the environment on their list.

Obviously you’re after very specific info on recycling type awareness, but I’m not sure how much value there is in it. This helps you not at all, I know. Sorry.

Db
--
David Biddle, Executive Director
<http://www.blueolives.blogspot.com>

215-247-3090 (desk)
215-432-8225 (cell)

<http://www.gpcrc.com>

Read In Business magazine to learn about sustainable
businesses in communities across North America!
Go to: <http://www.jgpress.com/inbusine.htm>