[GreenYes] New Incentive for landfilling organics proposed

Apologies for Cross-Postings - Please send in your comments to oppose this new incentive for landfilling organics.

Gary Liss

From: CAW Recycling Advocate for June 11, 2007

Draft Recommendations of the Market Advisory Committee
On Friday June 1, the AB32 Market Advisory Committee released a draft report outlining a proposed cap-and-trade system under AB 32. The report recommended that methane emissions from landfills be excluded from complying with a cap, while still allowing landfill operators to obtain carbon credits for the energy they produce. This would result in an increased financial incentive for landfilling organic materials and the under-regulation of the largest anthropogenic source of methane, a potent greenhouse gas. Read More < http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=361527255&url_num=5&url=""> >