[GreenYes] Re: Ban the Bulb -- But don't create a new toxic problem, say local governments

The ENERGY STAR program has pretty rigorous QA/QC in terms of lumen
maintenance and hours of use. If they don't perform, they don't get
certified. IF they don't get certified, Wal-Mart won't sell them. Also, the
EPACT set up certain hours of use requirmenets for CFL's - I think it is
6000.

Don't forget, as a source of anthropogenic Hg, this is a very small one.