[GreenYes] Re: mercury from fluorescents

I¹m not following this issue yet close enough, but wouldn¹t most of the
fluorescent mercury be coming from tube lamps still? Don¹t we have about the
3-5 years before we see the problem with CFLs? And isn¹t this a matter of
education and enforcement of the commercial sector where the predominant
population of fluorescent tubes is found? They don¹t circumvent CERCLA the
way residential does. Just asking? The number of businesses I see weekly
that don¹t have a fluorescent lamp recycling program is staggering.

db
--
David Biddle, Executive Director
<http://www.blueolives.blogspot.com>

215-247-3090 (desk)
215-432-8225 (cell)

<http://www.gpcrc.com>

Read In Business magazine to learn about sustainable
businesses in communities across North America!
Go to: <http://www.jgpress.com/inbusine.htm>