[GreenYes] Another win for Zero Waste

Thanks to Eric Lombardi's efforts at the Atlanta NRC Conference we
were inspired to learn more and then take action.
The Logan County Board of Trustees today passed a resolution adopting
the Zero Waste philosophy, adopting the goal of Zero Waste in Logan
County, Ohio by 2020, naming Logan County as a Zero Waste Zone, and
assigning the task of leading all county efforts to the Logan County
Solid Waste Management District. We are directed to educate,
coordinate, lead, join forces with, encourage, assist, and even join
in funding where appropriate to move every sector of our county
toward zero waste.

Logan County is in west central Ohio, an hour northwest of Columbus
and an hour northeast of Dayton. Population just under 50,000. A
rural county with a strong manufacturing base, including Honda of
America Manufacturing and many supplier plants. We have a very
strong agricultural base as well. Having many Honda workers living
in the county helped sell this concept because Honda is a "green
manufacturer" and has a Zero Waste to the Landfill by 2008 goal. We
nominated them for the Corporate Excellence Award at the NRC Congress
in Atlanta, which they won. My Commissioners are totally on board
with this program.

Our staff is excited about having a new, clear, and challenging focus
to our efforts.

Alan Hale, Coordinator
Logan County Solid Waste District
1855 St. Rt. 47 W.