From: Alan Cadavos <acadavos@no.address>
To: Ann Schneider <schneiderann@no.address>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:13:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: request to join wasteprevention group

Good day Ann!

Thank you for your reply. I am doing academic research on municipal solid
waste recycling in the hope of proposing state policies to increase
recycling output from our current national rate of 13% of total MSW. It's
well below the target of 25% set by Philippine law and surpassed in the
USA as early as the 1990s. As you know, the US remains the global leader
in waste generation as well as in waste recycling, so small countries
like the Philippines have much to profit from US experience.

I use the internet to update my reports on progress in foreign lands. I
also look for funding for my current study on 3 metropolitan areas.

You can add me to the GRRN group. I frequently cite their accomplishments
in my reports. Thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Alan Cadavos
Licensed Environmental Planner
Republic of the Philippines

Ann Schneider <schneiderann@no.address> wrote:
Hi Alan:

I see that you have asked to join this listserve. This is a tool that
the Sierra Club Zero Waste Committee is using for its calendar functions.

If you are a Sierra Club member I would be happy to add you to our
discussion forum. Or you can join the Grassroots Recycling Network
(GRRN). It is free. This is a group of people from around the world
working on zero waste issues.

let me know what you are trying to do and I can help you find the best
networking options.

Sincerely,

Ann Schneider
Millbrae, California
Sierra Club Zero Waste Committee
Ann.Schneider@no.address

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and
hotel bargains.