[GreenYes] Request for Feedback on Conservatree¹s Paper Listings

For the past 20 years, Conservatree has published lists of all the
environmental papers available in the U.S. and Canada. In 2000, we migrated
these to our website (entry page
http://www.conservatree.org/paper/PaperMasterList.shtml ) and now include
lists for printing & writing papers, newsprint, tissue, and converted
products. We have kept the website listings continually updated.

This takes a lot of work, but we have felt it was important because paper
purchasers often say they can¹t switch to environmental papers because they
don¹t know what to buy or where to get it. However, that may not be as great
a problem today as it was five years ago.

Now we are thinking of simplifying or reducing the information in each
entry, or even possibly eliminating the lists entirely if they are no longer
needed. We would like to get feedback to guide us in deciding how to
approach this shift.

The lists that link to the URL above are intended to be for professional
paper purchasers. The format was designed to be similar to what paper
companies provide to printers and other professional buyers. We know that
the format has been confusing for nonprofessional buyers. (We have developed
a copy paper list ³for the public² at
http://www.conservatree.org/public/localsources/copypaper.html )

It would be very helpful to us to hear from people about whether or not
these lists are useful to you, what is most helpful and least helpful about
them, and what details could be omitted without losing any value they may
have to you.

Thanks!

Susan Kinsella

--