[GreenYes] Atty Genl. Opinion of Exclusive Solid Waste Services

Val,

Thanks for sharing this. This did not address whether it was a good
idea or not to proceed to have an exclusive contract. To address
that issue, I suggest you review the document "Open the Flow" at
http://www.crra.com/irc/guide.html and CRRA's policy on Flow Control
at http://www.crra.com/irc/policy.html. Zero Waste advocates
encourage communities to organize on an open competitive basis rather
than using exclusive contracts or franchises, to fully harness the
forces of the marketplace to provide services needed to achieve Zero Waste.

Gary Liss

At 10:47 AM 11/20/2006, vpeters wrote:
>This letter/attachment was forwarded to me from Del Norte & I'd like
>to share it/invite opinions from the zero waste community.
>
>Happy Thanksgiving,
>Val Peters
>Zero Waste Advocate
>Community Outreach Educator
>____________
>
>I just received this from California State Association of Counties
>and it is dealing with the Attorney General opinion of solid waste
>haulers exclusive right to provide collection services, and other
>related items. I thought this maybe important.
>
>W. Arthur Reeve, PE.
>County Engineer
>981 H St., Suite 110
>Crescent City, CA 95531