[GreenYes] Anaerobic digestion vs. landfill methane

I'm working on a proposal to build an anaerobic digester facility that
would accept source separated food waste from businesses and schools
and manure from local dairy farms for methane gas fired cogeneration.
A landfill in our region generates energy from landfill methane and is
in the process of expanding generating capacity. Some who support that
effort argue that our proposed facility would, in essence, be taking
potential feedstock from the landfill facility.

Can anyone direct me to information and data pertaining to the benefits
of source separation and AD vs. landfill gas capture to aid me in
articultaing a response to that claim?

Thanks in advance.