From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address] On Behalf
Of Anne Peters
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:36 AM
Cc: GreenYes@no.address; Dbiddle@no.address
Subject: [GreenYes] Re: Atlanta Airport Recycling?

David,
I can't answer your specific question but my firm did an extensive
integrated solid waste management plan for Denver International Airport last
year. Some of our foundational research benchmarked 4 airports' waste mgmt
programs. NRDC did a really interesting study of airports & recycling
recently too. Let me know if you'd like information.
Sincerely,
Anne
Gracestone, Inc.
303.494.4934 vox
303.494.4880 fax

Meg Lynch wrote:

I saw a plenitude of waste containers every 20 feet or so, but did not
notice any recycling bins whatsoever. (Not to say for sure that there were
none, but I sure didn't see any.) The waste containers automatically
compact the garbage - I was quite startled when I put my lunch garbage in
the container and it started to growl!

>>> David Biddle <mailto:Dbiddle@no.address> <Dbiddle@no.address> 10/27/06
2:07 PM >>>

I'm working on a recycling project at the Philadelphia International
Airport. I'm just curious, for those of you at the NRC conference, how was
the recycling program at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport?

For what it's worth, does anyone have contact info for the folks running
that program?

Thanks for the help...
--
David Biddle, Executive Director
<http://www.blueolives.blogspot.com> <http://www.blueolives.blogspot.com>

215-247-3090 (desk)
215-432-8225 (cell)

<http://www.gpcrc.com>

Read In Business magazine to learn about sustainable
businesses in communities across North America!
Go to: <http://www.jgpress.com/inbusine.htm>
<http://www.jgpress.com/inbusine.htm>