[GreenYes] Surviving Startups..

We've got a lot of people here with lots of different experiences, ways
they got into this field and interests.. hobbies, professionals, local
organizers, educators, etc. etc.

My question is more towards the people who have made this their life's
work..

How do you survive during the startup phases? How did you make it
through?

I've heard from people who have been working towards recycling and reuse
efforts full time for whatever reason (personal drive, madness,
motivation, dedication) and some who haven't had it pay them for thier
efforts for years and years until it finally can..

How did (or do) you do it? (And please don't just tell me "I'm frugal" or
"I grow my own food off of compost" -- these sorts of things are clear.)

Does that make sense? I've been working on my project for many years now
and am feeling stressed. :(

--
MS