[GreenYes] food discards

In 1995, I was assigned the responsibility of reorganizing the County of
San Diego Sewer Service fee for commercial user to meet EPA rules. My
research showed that food (suspended solids) slowed down the sewer treatment
process and was the cause of moratoriums on housing starts. We also showed that
taking organics out of the sewer and collecting them with green discards would
lower the cost of sewer service. I presented this information a the Swiss
Academy of Sciences conference in Geneva and Insinkerator sent a person to the
presentation to heckle me. My report can be found on my website under
publications. I agree that the sewer discharges must be cleaned up and
companies should be required to emit zero toxic waste.
Rick

Ricanthony@no.address
RichardAnthonyAssociates.com
San Diego, California