[GreenYes] Re: Earth 911

I've always been surprised by the tales of woe with Earth 911. When I
was State Recycling Coordinator for Georgia (2000-2004), we signed an
MOU with Earth 911 and uploaded every single curbside program and
public drop-off site in the state, the nonprofit newspaper dumpsters,
annual Christmas tree recycling and Earth Day events, and a great many
retail sites for batteries, oil, eyeglasses, etc.. We received nothing
but the best service, and I found updating site info through the
registered user interface to be extremely user-friendly, though
maintaining accurate info on the thousands of sites was labor-intensive
on our part, and I did express frustration with their repeated
rebrandings. Overall though, the experience was very positive, and I
viewed the complaints from elsewhere as an example of 'you get out what
you put in'.

Oregon had pre-existing hotlines and doesn't use the service, so I
haven't had any direct experience over the past two years.

In light of the bankruptcy, now may be an iffy time to start new
publicity with Earth 911, but if you're wrestling with inaccurate info
in the database, I'd encourage you to get a password and fix it
yourself.

Good Luck,

Jay Donnaway
Sr. Solid Waste Policy Analyst