[GreenYes] Re: with $400 million, I think we could get darn close to ZW!

There are endless problems with technologies like plasma, gasification and
pyrolysis of MSW, especially the problems already mentioned below. That's
why we call them Incinerators In Disguise -- if it walks like a duck, talks
like a duck and looks like a duck, it's a duck. Don't be fooled by the
recycled language that we've all heard before: "conversion",
"transformation", "garbage to energy". It's the exact same language from the
80s, and the consequences are the same: wasting resources, wasting jobs,
wasting money, air and water pollution, contaminated ash, and on and on. As
always, there's no question that these incinerators directly compete with
recycling and zero waste.

Check out our look at the massive problems suffered by these kinds of
incinerator projects around the world:
http://www.no-burn.org/resources/library/Factsheet_IncinInDisguise_Apr2006.p
df

And a shorter factsheet about these incinerators here:
http://www.no-burn.org/resources/library/Incinerators_In_Disguise_CaseStudie
s.pdf

If you hear about any proposals, please share them with me immediately!

Thanks,
Monica
--
Monica Wilson