[GreenYes] State Recycling Organization Recognized Nationally Governor Pataki Extends Congratulations - Syracuse Leads the Way

For More Information Contact For Immediate Release
Mark Naef
315-952-1511
marknaef@no.address

State Recycling Organization Recognized Nationally
Governor Pataki Extends Congratulations
Syracuse Efforts Lead the Way

ALBANY, New York (May 15, 2006) ­ New York State was recently recognized by the Go Green Initiative (Pleasanton, CA) as the Go Green State of the Year for its expanding recycling work with school districts.

Specifically, the New York State Association for Reduction, Reuse & Recycling (NYSAR3) and the New York State PTA were honored for their green collaboration.

The recognition, awarded by the nationally acclaimed Go Green Initiative (GGI) has had only one other awardee of this stature, the State of Texas.

?We?re very honored to have received this award,? said Sharon Fisher, NYSAR3 President, ?members of our NYSAR3 board have invested a lot of time and energy into this exciting program.?

In the City of Syracuse 12 schools have signed up for the Go Green Initiative - and organizers plan to have all of the city's 39 schools signed up and working toward improving their environmental education programs by the 2006-2007 school year.

The goal is to magnify existing efforts and unite the environmental movement, starting with Syracuse, and expanding throughout Onondaga County and New York State.

To track the Go Green Initiative's progression through Syracuse, to get ideas for your community's Go Green Program or for contact information please visit www.naefrecycling.com

In a letter read at the GGI Awards Night earlier this month in California, Governor Pataki also praised the organization stating ?On behalf of all New Yorkers, I extend congratulations?to the New York State Association for Reduction, Reuse and Recycling on this much-deserved recognition. The Empire State is proud of all their ?green? efforts on behalf of future generations.?

The Go Green Initiative, a school and community based program, was founded in 2002 and focuses its concern on children?s health and their daily environment. Specifically, rather than teaching about these issues, the GGI program focuses on behavior modification by example, rather than curriculum.

According to Jill Buck, Founder and Executive Director of the Go Green Initiative, ?it?s a simple, comprehensive program designed to create a culture of environmental responsibility on school campuses across the nation.?

The GGI program was introduced to NYSAR3 by its Treasurer, Meg Morris, who also is a board member for the California-based program. Asked about its viability, Morris stressed that ?if we don?t get recycling and environmental awareness into our K-12 system, we?ll continue to fight a hard battle for a good environment.? The Go Green Initiative unites parents, students, teachers, school administrators and recycling coordinators in an effort to make real and sustainable environmental changes in schools, including recycling, composting and the environmental impact of daily activities.

The GGI is currently in schools in NYC, Syracuse, Fulton, Dutchess and Rockland Counties, as well as the Town of Bethlehem.

For recycling information for school administrators, teachers and students visit the NYSARRR web site at www.nysar3.org or contact Meg Morris at 518 434-1227.

- 30 -

GW Associates
702 S. Beech