Subject: US manufacturers take back requirements
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:49:45 -0500
From: "Judy Wlodarczyk" <JWlodarczyk@no.address>
To: <p2tech@no.address>
I am working with a client that has to comply with the WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) EU requirement. This directive requires manufacturers of these types of equipment to have take-back arrangements for recycling at the end of life of the product. We know that they are various requirements in the US for these products to be recycled or disposed of properly at the end of life by the end-user. Question: Are there any states that currently have regulations on the books that require take-back by the manufacturer instead of the end user? Appreciate any insight you can provide.
Thanks,
Judy Wlodarczyk
CONNSTEP, Inc.
1090 Elm Street Suite 202
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
http://www.connstep.org <http://www.connstep.org/>
Email: jwlodarc@no.address <mailto:jwlodarc@no.address>
Office: 860-644-9718
Cell: 860-539-4926
Fax: 860-529-5001

This email message is from CONNSTEP, Inc., and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email (or connstep@no.address) and destroy all copies of the original message.

Gary Liss 916-652-7850 Fax: 916-652-0485
www.garyliss.com <http://www.garyliss.com/>