[GreenYes] Re: First Curbside Program

I thought it was Sommerville, Mass., under an EPA grant around 1970-1.
Berekely started a year or so later.

-----Original Message-----
From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address] On
Behalf Of Susan Kinsella
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:37 PM
To: GreenYes List Serv
Subject: [GreenYes] First Curbside Program

Can anybody tell me which city started the first curbside recycling
program in the U.S. and Canada? I've heard of several contenders for the
honor. Probably there were several that started around the same time.
But I wonder whether it's possible to point to one as the first.

Thanks,
Susan

--
Susan Kinsella