From: richard@no.address [mailto:richard@no.address]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 4:19 PM
To: Eric Lombardi; 'Pete Pasterz'; Reindl@no.address; GreenYes@no.address; Gary Liss
Subject: Re: [greenyes] who was the first multi-material curbside program?

Somerville initiated collection in December 1975, and Marblehead in January 1976.
Palo Alto initiated its pilot program to about 20% of its households at the end of 1978,
and expanded to Citywide as a result of an SB650 grant from the state of CA in 1980.
Santa Rosa and El Cerrito CA both started multi-material curbside collection with funding
from CA waste management board in 1979. We introduced the 'stacking bin' in the Santa Rosa
program, and for those of you that know him, Stu Clark was hired as the recycling
collection driver in Santa Rosa at that time.

Richard Gertman