[greenyes] Calculation of Recycling Rates

I seem to remember a recent article somewhere that discussed the myriad
of ways differents states and jurisdictions calculate their recycling
rates. Does anyone know of a recent article/study/summary that
describes what is actually done across the US? I know of the EPA
Measuring Recycling Sept 1997 publication that suggests a standard for
what to include and not include. I am looking for more of survey on how
different places do their calculation.
Thanks for any help!
Jenny