[greenyes] RE: [heur] Re: [greenyes] CT bottle bill expansion mentioned in Worcester T&G

Here, here!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Morin [mailto:mikemorin@no.address]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 5:26 PM
To: Green Yes
Subject: [heur] Re: [greenyes] CT bottle bill expansion mentioned in
Worcester T&G

There otter be a deposit on all containers (e.g. pickle jars) and
packaging.

For example, when you buy an eraser, you could get it out of an old
fishbowl, not laminated in a paper and plastic mini-package hanging on a
metal display case.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but Corporations should somehow
be made responsible for all the unnecessary packaging (waste) that
occurs in today's globalized (long transport) consumer society.

We need to go back to producing more things on a local level. Then we
wouldn't need anway near as much packaging as currently occurs in our
oil-junkie distribution system.

P&C,

MM