RE: [greenyes] Paperless Office

A few months ago our office printer broke. That's when I realized that Adobe
Acrobat came installed on on my machine allowing me to "print" pdf
documents. I quickly realized that so much of the paper printing was
completely unnecessary.

Our office now does little or no printing for the sake of filing. Now we
"print" pdf files and store on our machines. Doing this in conjuction with
google desktop tool (allows you to do goolge searches of the contents of
your computer's hard drive) We now find documents faster than when they were
filed in paper form. Plus mis-filling is less of an issue since Google will
find doc. as long as it is somewhere on the hard drive. With these 2 tools
we cut our need to print to paper by at least 50%.

Upside is Google desktop is free and Adobe Acrobat sometimes comes
preinstalled. Downside is Acrobat costs around $200 if you have to purchase
seperate.

Food for thought.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/main.html;storesessionid=QAZSLORKARODP
QFI0IKBLL4AVDJBKIV2

http://desktop.google.com/

Vincent Cobb | Pono Products, Inc.

<mailto:vcobb@no.address> vcobb@no.address

www.ReusableBags.com- High-quality, innovative reusable

shopping bags and related accessories, plus facts & news

on the global push to reduce plastic bag consumption,

and simple actions you can take to help the cause!

VISIT OUR STORE for cool, innovative earth-friendly products that help
people consume less. www.reusablebags.com/store

_____