To: "Green Yes" <greenyes@no.address>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 9:01 AM
Subject: [greenyes] Wal-M.A.R.T.'s plastic bag color and plastic bag collection

I'm curious. I had presumed that Wal-M.A.R.T. had plastic bag collection boxes (similar to the one pictured here <http://www.diversi-plast.com/diversiplast/DivPlast.nsf/7%20Product%20Applications?OpenPage>) for the public's use in all their stores as they do in the Northwest Arkansas region. If anyone knows of a Wal-M.A.R.T. store that doesn't regularly keep a plastic bag collection box(es) available would you kindly drop me a line by sending me an email (sp@no.address)?

Also, in the Northwest Arkansas region, the corporation, a couple of months ago, shifted from the use of blue vest-type carrier bags to white vest-type carrier bags. I'm wondering where else this may have happened. Why this was done, I don't know but the lighter color apparently makes the bags more easily dealt with in terms of their recyclability by plastic lumber manufactures. Again, would you mind dropping me a line?

Thanks much.

Stephan