Re: [greenyes] Waste Tires in MA

At 03:51 PM 12/14/2004 -0500, Doug Koplow wrote:
I just got a call from somebody who is building affordable housing in the Boston area, and has discovered many tires (hundreds) dumped on the property he needs to clear. He is looking for outlets for recycling them.

Anybody on the list have suggestions for tire recycling outlets (reuse or energy recovery) within reasonable proximity to Boston?

Thanks,

Doug

I can't help with specifics for the Boston area, but must object to the suggestion that incineration ("energy recovery") of tires is an acceptable practice. It isn't. Burning tires is a nasty business.

Alan Muller

Alan Muller, Executive Director
Green Delaware
Box 69