RE: [greenyes] Re: Cat Litter in the Waste Stream

A certain descriptive word isn't making it past the thought scrubbers, and has been rejected "due to content."

The link below outlines the state of otterdom around Monterey CA, a timely article for our discussion. The article mentions the need for public awareness of not flushing cat you know what, due to toxoplasmosis ( also dangerous to pregnant humans, I believe ).

"Among those, about 40% died of parasites or disease, particularly toxoplasmosis that comes from cat *---, said Dave Jessup, senior wildlife veterinarian with the California Department of Fish and Game."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-otters23nov23,1,5118756.story?coll=la-headlines-california

One must register to access the LA Times.

Rose Niemi
Merced County Association of Governments
369 West 18th Street
Merced CA 95340
209-723-3153, extension 315
rose@no.address