[greenyes] Austin's got a new computer recycling program

FYI -- check out this article about an innovative project for computer
collection and recycling that was recently launched here in Austin, TX. The
1-year pilot project between Goodwill of Central Texas, Dell and the City of
Austin allows people to drop-off any kind of computer for FREE at Goodwill
locations in Austin, which of course helps out Goodwill, gets you a tax
donation and means your computer won't wind up in a landfill. The article
below says they'll pick them up from your house, too for $10.

Based on some conversations I've had with all three of the groups, their
goal is to make it a financially self-sustaining venture that can be
replicated in other cities.

The program's website is http://www.computerrecyclingproject.com

Here's a copy of the article that ran when it launched a few weeks ago. I
already dropped off my old 486 (yes, it was that OLD).

--
Stephen Roberts, Account Supervisor
Tuerff-Davis EnviroMedia Inc.

Advertising and PR with a conscience.