[greenyes] working together

We can certainly accomplish more if we all learn to work together.

Thanks Ken, for pointing out the "nonsense" in contrast to "common sense" and
for injecting some humor into the discussion. Let me know if you here anything
for sure about the end of the world coming soon because I'm tired of working 16+
hours a day. It would be nice to take a few days off before The End of the
Universe.

This may come as a surprise to many of you but it is quite possible for
Conservatives and Liberals; Democrats and Republicans; Libertarians and Greens;
to all work together in the care of this planet's environment. It is so
counter-productive to even think that half the people are "anti-environment".
It is a bad idea to blindly support any politician without examining the "common
sense" of their position. If you really believe that Republicans want to poison
the air and water; then you have totally bought into the most insidious of
propaganda.

Do we all breathe the same air and drink the same water? Do we all have homes
and jobs? Do we all use the Earth's resources in the way of energy, paper, food,
etc.? Do we not all have a vested interest in conserving those resources for
ourselves and future generations?

The TRUE differences in "conservatives" versus "liberals" are not much different
in the ultimate goals. The difference is found mainly in the methodology in
practice as what are believed to be the best courses of action to follow as we
balance the use and preservation of our precious and limited resources.

Let's open a dialogue that recognizes our common goals as we openly discuss
solutions. If we can work to understand the various sides of many issues we
might actually accomplish something. It's OK to disagree and still be great
friends.

I will enjoy our spirited, yet respectful discussions.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get up early tomorrow and vote.

Dan Weisenbach,
The Conservative Environmentalist
(or is it "Conservationist")