Re: [greenyes] HEWLETT-PACKARD

HP is highlighted in the September issue of Green@no.address Their VP of
marketing and sales, Boris Elisman, wrote an article entitled, Rethinking
the Way We Design: How a company designs can enhance customer value, opening
many doors to new markets. The piece is full of stuff about Design for the
Environment, product stewardship, etc. The article is interesting in light
of the fact that Elisman is the company representative quoted in the Lyra
Research article Jason Brown notes below:

According to Boris Elisman, vice president of marketing and sales for HP's
Imaging Supplies Business, the rationale for this was twofold. "We've
customized our printers and the supplies to meet the differing needs of
customers in various parts of the world," says Elisman, adding that a
secondary reason was to keep pricing stable in terms of world currency, an
obvious reference to the practice of gray marketing.

DB

David Biddle, Executive Director

P.O. Box 4037
Philadelphia, PA 19118