[greenyes] NRC's Rural Recycling Council Revival

Sorry for cross-postings

Hello All -

I am writing to invite you to the Rural Recycling Council's Annual Business
Meeting and Cooperative Marketing Workshop. For planning purposes, please
RSVP me ASAP if you are going to participate in the meeting and workshop
scheduled for Sunday, August 29, from 1-2:30pm.

Here's a description -

Please join the members of the Rural Recycling Council to elect new
co-chairs and reinvigorate the mission of the Council. The business meeting
will take place
during the first 30-minutes of the meeting. The other 1.5 hours will be
spent discussing the newly revised "Rural Recycling Strategies: Cooperative
Marketing Toolkit".
First published in 1998, the Toolkit has assisted in the formation of
numerous rural recycing cooperatives throughout the country. Come learn how
you too can develop
a cooperative in your area from leaders in the field, Steven Andrews
from the Nebraska State Recycling Association and Kathleen Jackson from
Headwaters Co-Op
Recycling Project. Beverages and light snacks will be served.

Let me know if you, or someone you know would like to be nominated to
co-chair the council! Co-chairs are responsible for coordinating council
activities and events throughout the year and during the annual Congress.
Sorry I don't have a more specific job description, but it's really a "it is
what you make of it" kind of position.

Don't forget to visit the RRC exhibit booth Monday 10:30 - 5:30 and Tuesday
10:30-5:00.

If you are not currently a member of the RRC, but you are a NRC member in
good standing, and you would like to join the council visit the NRC website
at:
www.nrc-recycle.org and follow these instructions:

Sign into NRC's member only section
Click onto "My Profile"
Scroll down to "Council Membership"
Highlight any councils you wish to join.
Use the 'Ctrl' key to select multiple councils

Please let us know if you'll be joining us in our effort to revitalized the
RRC! We could really use your help!

Sincerely,

Christine McCoy
Director, Environmental Programs