[greenyes] Ltrs to Leavitt

Dear BBAN Friends,

If you haven't yet sent a letter to EPA Administrator, Michael Leavitt
asking him to use his influence to get the Bush administration to back Sen.
Jeffords? National Beverage Producer Responsibility Act (S.1867), you have a
week left to act. You may remember that Leavit told a group gathered at a
National Press Club luncheon on April 14th that he had "a clear memory of
Governor Tom McCall of Oregon proposing the nation's first bottle bill and
imposing fines for littering. It was controversial, but I got it," Leavit
said. "It resonated with me. We were a nation ready to change.?

The letter to Leavitt is already written for you. All you have to do is go
to http://www.citizenspeak.org/campaign/5299.php to sign on to our campaign
and join others who want to see greater support for a national bottle bill.
By visiting this link, you will be able to send a copy of our letter to Mr.
Leavitt and add your personal comments.

There have been 189 letters sent since April 15th. We'd like to see the
number of letters hit the 200 mark before it is taken off of the Citizen
Speak website.

Thanks,

Pat Franklin

**************************

FYI:
A new online tool: www.CitizenSpeak.org is enabling us to start this
campaign. CitizenSpeak is a ?free web-based advocacy service that allows
grassroots organizations to incorporate email campaigns.? Many other groups
use similar services to get their members to ?Take Action? on a particular
subject. We would like to thank them for this opportunity to get the word
out about bottle bills.
Patricia Franklin
Executive Director
Container Recycling Institute