[greenyes] Mercury Toys

Hello All:

Recently I heard about a toy that was included with a Kellog's cereal that
contains a mercury battery. Evidently, some states are questioning the
wisdom of including a mercury containing device with a breakfast cereal.
Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I've had some elected officials
asking for my take on it. Honestly, this is the first I've heard of it.

If properly packaged, is there any danger from including this sort of
product in with cereal? Any info/case studies, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Jeff

Jeffrey W. Aluotto
Manager,
Hamilton County Solid Waste District
250 William Howard Taft
Cincinnati, OH 45219
513-946-7719 phone
513-946-7779 fax
www.hcdoes.org

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain private, confidential and/or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original e-mail message.