RE: [greenyes] Question about small quantity perishable food waste recovery programs

Susan,
The Food Recovery Program of Waukesha County is a growing program in SE
Wisconsin. They work to provide businesses with a convenient and
reliable system to donate excess edible food items, especially
perishable foods, and effectively distribute these items to area food
pantries, meal sites and shelters. Here is a link to an article about
their program:
http://www.uwex.edu/ces/cty/waukesha/nutritioncoalition/foodrecoveryeffo
rtsincreasethroughpartnerships.html

Contact:
Karen Tredwell or Katie Kaluzynski
Food Pantry of Waukesha County
262-542-5300
waukeshapantry@no.address
kkaluzynski@no.address

There is also a group in San Francisco called Food Runners
(http://www.foodrunners.org/) They pick up excess perishable and
prepared food from businesses and deliver it to shelters and
neighborhood programs that feeds the hungry.

Hope this helps,
Toral

Toral Jha
Project Coordinator