[greenyes] Electronics generation rates for one-day collection events?

I am trying to project electronics that could be generated at a one-day event (earth day) if restricted to just computers and cell phones.

Our two each one-day events included all electronics (we held 2 events before switching to perm) at each event we got about 370 people and 16.5 tons of electronics or 89 lb/person. A rough est. of computers and peripherals only, extracting stereos, fax machines, etc, (we didn't accept TVs at that time) was 71 lb/person. In a county w/ 55,000 homes, we had 0.6% participation for each event.

I am looking for other data of a similar nature to help project at another regional event. Thanks for any help you can render.

Blair Pollock
Solid Waste Programs Manager
(919) 968-2788
fax: (919) 932-2900