[greenyes] Re: greenyes Digest Is there really more trash for theholidays?
We compared Madison waste generation rates to ours in Boise, Idaho (pop. approx 200,000) and came up with very similar results.  There seems to be a steady decline in waste volumes from October until February, our lowest volume month.  If we see any increase in waste generation over the holidays, it doesn't go to the landfill until January.  Overall, Jan. waste generation is a drop in the bucket compared to our other spikes in May, August and October - likely to be yard wastes (no composing facility) or "movers" (unlimited curbside trash).

- Megan
Boise, Idaho