Re: [greenyes] Participation vs. Setout Rates
In a message dated 11/14/2003 7:53:11 AM Central Standard Time,
Jeffrey.Aluotto@no.address writes:> Has anyone done any work comparing curbside
> recycling set-out rates to actual participation rates?

We measured set out rates and overall participation and found the average
participation over the year was 85% while the average set out was two to three
weeks apart.  We realized that we had asked the participants in our media to put
out full bins.  They generated the discards at different rates due to
demographic variables, e.g., size of family, purchasing patterns.
RichardAnthonyAssociates.com
RicAnthony@no.address
San Diego CA 92109