RE: [greenyes] Need Home for Computer Programming Text Books
Ann,

For the last several years we've been working through "Books for Africa" for
book reuse.  I can hardly say enough about how pleased I am to send books
their way - they describe their work as an effort to end the "book famine".
They are awesome!  I'm not sure how wide their network is at present, but
I'd guess it's big.  Check out the website below for more details.

We collect hardcovers locally here in Winona, generally from school and
public libraries, and book dealers, and them truck them to St. Paul, where
they put on cargo containers.  Some of their program parameters are:  all
books must be hardcover, no paperback novels, no magazines or National
Geographics, no pre-1985 science & psychology books, and no pre-1985
encyclopedias.

Here's their contact information:

Books for Africa
253 East 4th St., Suite 200