[greenyes] EPA New Source Reviews
 Helen Spiegelman asks, with regard to my posting of an EPA notice in the
Federal Register concerning the agency's proposed New Source Review rule,
"Is it just me, or is this notice entirely ncomprehensible?"

My apologies for forgetting that not all readers of greenyes are from the
States.

Last year EPA proposed to change air pollution rules in a way that would
make it possible for very old power plants to keep going with major
refurbishment but without upgrading to current regulatory levels, something
which are expected to have very significant air pollution and climate change
impacts.

This was a highly controversial initiative of the Bush Administration that
drew universal disapprobation from environmental organizations.  This notice
scheduled public hearings on the proposed rule in response to demands for a
public forum in addition to written submittals.

                                                            Peter

Peter Anderson
RECYCLEWORLDS CONSULTING Corp
4513 Vernon Blvd. Suite 15