From: Kking61101@no.address [mailto:Kking61101@no.address]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 1:57 PM
To: greenyes@no.address
Subject: [GreenYes] EPA's arrogance

We have an area in our festival called the Kid's Castle. It is a parking
garage that we turn into an "underwater paradise" full of free hands-on
activities for kids. The festival brings in over 400,000 visitors throughout
the weekend and over 5,000 kids plus their parents and grandparents visit
the
Kid's Castle. This year we will be concentrating on providing activities for
children to learn about the environment and recycling to go along with our
new recycling program. This morning I called the EPA to ask if they would
like to participate.

I was told that they are not interested because they are too busy and only
work Monday through Friday. I made it clear that I was VERY disappointed and
unhappy with the EPA! They are not interested in promoting environmental
education to over 5,000 children basically because it is inconvenient for
them. As I was told by a friend, that is our tax dollars at work. He then
emailed me a joke that I though I would include in my email to GreenYes.

Question:  " You know how many people work at the EPA?"
Answer:  "About half."

Karen King
On the Waterfront, Inc.
<A HREF="http://www.onthewaterfront.com/";>www.onthewaterfront.com</A>

the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Meed

Producer of Illinois's largest music festival, On the Waterfront, Inc. is a
501(c)(3) organization whose mission is Community Advancement Through
Celebration. On the Waterfront has helped local Not-for-Profits raise over
$7
million since 1986.