[GreenYes] No-Waste Holiday Ideas (a/k/a understanding your waste likely ends up in a low-income community of color - it's time to reduce 101)
[Apologies for cross-postings]

Greetings - Waste Prevention Holiday Ideas - great for Ramadan, Hanakah,
Yule, Winter Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Western New Years, MLK Day &
Lunar New Years (Hope I got all of the holidays within the two-month or so
season without missing any particular religeous, cultural or ethnic groups
that may read this - apologies for spelling choices if anyone has other
preferences).

>From NYC's own INORM Inc.
Here's the link:  http://www.informinc.org/greener_holiday.php
Thanks to Eric Most & Eve Martinez

>From the home state of dearly departed Senator Paul Wellstone
http://www.moea.state.mn.us/reduce/nowaste.cfm
Thanks to Marian Feinberg for passing this one on

Thanks to all the folks  I don't know who put together the following:
Vermont
http://www.anr.state.vt.us/dec/wastediv/csc/holiday.htm

Portland
http://www.metro-region.org/article.cfm?ArticleID=2397

Snohomish County, WA
http://www.co.snohomish.wa.us/publicwk/solidwaste/information/holcklist.htm

California
http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/PublicEd/Holidays/

King County (Seattle), WA
http://www.metrokc.gov/procure/green/bul58.htm

North Carolina
http://www.p2pays.org/news/press_releases/120601.pdf

Best wishes for peace and justice,
Timothy J.W. Logan
Chair, NYC Waste Prevention Coalition

Don't forget to check out some more of the all-time greatest websites for
waste prevention work:

The NYC Waste Prevention Coalition (NYC WPC) (better domain name coming
eventually-so I'm biased 'bout this one)
http://everest.hunter.cuny.edu/~mclarke/WPComm.htm#Coalition

The GrassRoots Recycling Network (GRRN)
www.grrn.org

The Global Anti-Incineration Alliance (GAIA)
www.gaia.org

Zero Waste America
www.zerowasteamerica.org