Re: [GreenYes] FW: Query from Australia on recycling idea
Greetings:

One resource that I know about is the Waxed Corrugated Recovery Directory
published by the American Forest & Paper Association.  It can accessed
online at:

http://www.afandpa.org/recycling/Rec_introduction.html

This is a framed site so the navigation path is:

Resources For Recycling Coordinators > Waxed Corrugated Recovery Directory

In doing a quick review of it, it appears that the primary outlet for waxed
OCC are composting operations.  I know from my own research that mixed paper
programs will exclude it from their acceptable material list and it is also
considered a reject material by every MRF I have ever visited.

I also concur with Eric's suggestion to consult the EPA's Jobs Through
Recycling Program.  You can identify most major public sector market
development programs through JTR.  However, I believe that in order to have
your idea treated seriously in the U.S. it would help if you had some type
of verifiable operations here demonstrating  your proposed solution as well
as reputable private North American-based recycling businesses vouching for
your authenticity.  This is because, unfortunately, there are alot of
crack-pots running around peddling completely sham recycling solutions.

Roger M. Guttentag
610-584-8836
rgutten@concentric.net

Canada.Could