Re: [GreenYes] Defense of recycling
Tavey,

From my collection:

What a Waste: John Tierney, New York Times, June 30, 1996 (anti-recycling)
Why Recycling is Garbage, by Dan Seligman, Forbes, November 17, 1997 (anti-recycling)
Anti-Recycling Myths: Commentary on "Recycling is Garbage", Environmental Defense Fund, ~1996
Recycling Realities: Facts, Myths and Choices, Keep America Beautiful, 1992
MSW Recycling Protects Groundwaters: Reply to "Recycling is Garbage, G. Fred Lee, ~ 1996

I also know that Charlotte Frola of SWANA sent John Tierney a letter about their position on waste managment decisions
based on costs alone.  I have a copy if you'd like me to fax to you.

B. Wayne Turner
City of Winston-Salem
Utilities Division
phone: (336) 727 8418
email: waynet@cityofws.org

>>> "Tavey McDaniel" <taveym@cra-recycle.org> 07/30/02 10:02AM >>>
Does anyone know of good fact sheets or websites that have information on
ways to defend recycling?  I have seen the one that NRC has on their site,
but I was just wondering if there are others floating around out there.
Thank you.

Tavey McDaniel
Director
Carolina Recycling Association