Re: [GreenYes] Styrofoam Containers
I should have mentioned that our curbside programs do
not collect foam - only 1&2 narrow necks.
Dart Container Corp has a plant in Leola PA which is
in Lancaster County...So when i'm on that end of town
for an errand i just drop it off...They have a 24 hour
drop-off shed.  I believe some of the Dart plants can
also recycle #6PS plastic...which is some takeout and
yogurt containers...Most of the dart plants will take
foam that is not rinsed - just has to be mostly free
of food such as chicken bones, etc...
Dart can be reached at 1-800-288-CARE.  You can also
mail your foam to dart and even though it is light,
i'm not so sure that it would be the way to go...But
in anycase at least they do give some options and
they're trying to be a little responsible with their
product...I still prefer compostable paper...